Prospective candidates must satisfy the University of Nigeria minimum entry requirements and should also meet the Departmental requirements.
4 –year Degree Programme
Candidates must posses the entry requirement of five “O” level credits which must include Chemistry or Biology and any two of the following . Home Management , Clothing and Textile , Food and Nutrition , Agricultural Science , Garment Making . Cosmetology , Catering craft and Economics at WASC / GCE “O” level NABTEB /NECO , obtained at not more than two sittings
- Direct Entry (DE)
3 – year Degree Programme
Any of the following:
- A minimum of lower credit in ND on Diploma in Fashion and Clothing Management Education , Home Economics , Hotel and Catering , Home and Rural Economics plus a credit level pass in any two of the following . Home Management clothing and textile , food and Nutrition , Biology , Chemistry , Agriculture Science, Garment Making , Catering Cosmetology Mathematics and Economic at WASC/ SSCE “OLevel /NABTEB /NECO.
- A minimum of merit level pass in NCE Home Economics with credit in any two of the following Home Management , Clothing and Textiles, Food and Nutrtion , Biology , Chemistry , Agriculture Science , Garment Making , Catering Craft, Cosmetology Mathematics and Economics at WASC/SSCE/GCE “O” Level /NABTEB /NECO.
- Candidates with University diploma at distinction / credit /merit in the following disciplines listed below who possess the university minimum entry requirement plus a least a credit in Biology or Chemistry at WASC/SSCE/GCE “O”Level NABTEB /NECO may be considered for Direct Entry but will run a year programme
- Diploma in Computer Education
- Diploma in Social Work
- Diploma in Science Lab Tech
- Diploma in Adult Education
Candidate, with a pass level in NCE plus any two of the following Biology or Chemistry ,Agriculture Science , Economics, Mathematics, Garment Making , Catering Craft and Cosmetology at WASC/SSCE/GCE “O” Level NABTEB /NECO will run the four year degree programme
Candidates of the degree programme in Home Economics and Hospitality Management gain employment as teachers in secondary school or technical colleges, Colleges of Education. The programme is generally geared towards the fulfillment of the need for professionally qualified vocational technical teachers who can Impact technical knowledge and educational skills to their students in various Home Economics and Hospitality Management Education and hereby contribute to the economic development of Nigeria . Home Economics in Junior Secondary and the different areas of Home Economics (Clothing and Textile) , Food and Nutrition , Home Management , Garment Making , Catering Craft and Cosmetology in senior secondary school will adequately be taught by graduates of the programme. The graduate can be well employed on graduation in Home Economics and hospitality related occupations.