PHILOSOPHY, OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE OF THE PROGRAMME
The philosophy of the programme is derived is from the Nigerian philosophy of education which advocates education for self reliance, democratic living and national unity.
The programme is designed to:
- Offer students the opportunity to acquire the necessary skills and competences for successful teaching and organization of Physical Education and Health Education/Health Science in primary and secondary schools as well as tertiary institutions.
- Prepare students for effective organization and administration of sports in institutions like sports councils/ commission as well as in the community;
- Equip students with knowledge and skills of coaching sports;
- Produce qualified high level manpower to serve in rehabilitation institutions as physical and occupational therapists and health counselors;
- Equip students the appropriate skills and competences for individual survival and contribution to the national goals and aspiration through physical education and recreation.
The programme embraces both theoretical and practical knowledge of skills of physical education, health education and recreation. It is designed to offer two Bachelor of Science degrees in Physical Education and Recreation and Health Education respectively. Any of these degree can be completed in the following mode.